Monday, June 6, 2011

6/4/2011 12:35 PM Paris, France

I guess my judgement really was impaired by not sleeping because for
some reason I decided it would be a good idea to not sleep on the
airplane. I slept for the first hour and the last twenty minutes of
the first flight, giving me a grand total of approximately five hours
of sleep in the last 48 hours. I thought, for some strange and
unfathomable reason, that this would help with jet lag. we shall see.
so, i've pretty much pulled two all nighters, even though one was a
significantly shorter night. (It's just after noon here, but at home
it's just after 4 in the morning.) Now, we're taking off for a two
hour flight from Paris to vienna. its probably best for me to stay
awake in the middle of the day. I'm not feeling 100% anymore. Its just
a minor headache and slight dizziness, but both of those could also be
from flying. I guess my stomach is also slightly upset, but with
airplane food and a strange eating schedule, that should surprise
nobody. all things considered, I feel fantastic! (now say fantastic in
french.) The only thing i really dislike about flying is the way the
change in pressure hurts my ears, especially on the way back down. I'm
sleepy. I'll write more later. *sleep...almost an hour passes* Yep, i
couldn't stay awake, but the good news is, it still feels like mid
day. I believe this sleep deprivation will make it easy to sleep
tonight. The other good news is my head and stomach feel better than
earlier. The bad news is, i woke up, and 30 seconds later the flight
attendant asks me a question. i didn't understand, so i asked, "what?"
then he started to repeat the question, but interrupted himself and
asked if i spoke french. Duh! I didn't understand the first time
because it was in a different language, which didn't even occur to me
30 seconds after i woke up. I felst slightly foolish. That's just how
dumb i am right after i wake up though. changing the subject, I've
discovered something: flying is fairly boring and makes me
unproductive. Granted, i did finish crocheting a washcloth and watched
two movies, but really sat and did nothing but ake my feet stiff. I'm
excited to get to tomorrow. Well, I can't think of anything else to
say so I won't. The adventure continues...

--

Rosie Liddle
"Laughing gives you abs, rock hard abs."

No comments: