Monday, June 27, 2011

6/26/2011 21:30 Krumpendorf

Church today was very good. I played the piano again for relief society, but because i't sheen so long since i've practiced, I kept messing up. I was a little embarrassed. Also, between sunday school and sacrament meeting, a guy from my sunday school class came up to me and asked, "now, who are you exactly?" I guess after being here a few weeks with no formal introduction, he was curious. I told him who my dad was and then he understood. (my dad was there a lot longer than the rest of us.) After church we went to the university to meet the man responsible for my dad teaching here and his family. We went straight there without stopping at home first, which we didn't know needed to be the case until after we got to church, so we were a little unprepared. We then drove up to a city called Bad Eisenkappel to catch the last shuttle up to the Obir Tropfstienhohlen (Obir Dripstone caves). It was the first cave i've been in (excluding when i was a baby) and it was amazing! stalactites and stalagmites and columns everywhere. there was one formation that looked like organ pipes, and they had Bach's fugue in d minor playing. There were lots of lighting effects used throughout the caves. Then we had ice cream while waiting for the shuttle to leave. (keep in mind that we hadn't eaten since breakfast and now it's about 4 pm.) After that we stayed in Bad Eisenkappel for drinks and strudel. Then we drove probably fifteen or twenty minutes more to the rester aunt for dinner. We started with soup. The soup i had contained pieces of dough that had little pieces of liver in it. It was actually really good. then we had salad, and may I just say that austrian salad is possibly the best salad i've ever had. After that, our main dishes came. They were all huge! younger than me three ordered pizza. She got a whole pizza. I ordered beef and got probably 8 square inches of meat a half inch thick. It was so much food! it was so good too. We were all bursting at the seams by the end. After all that food, we came home. And are going to sleep.

No comments: