Sunday, June 12, 2011

6/12/2011 15:00 Krumpendorf

A little after 9 last night, My friend did call, and we went our for a
couple hours. We went to a bar (gasp! don't worry-I had almdudler, and
My friend had fanta, and her friend had sparkling water-no alcohol for
us). The bar had a beautiful view of lake Worthersee, and and we just
talked about everything. Then her friend had to be home, so we dropped
her off and then we went down to the lake and walked around. She
showed me her favorite spot in the whole wide world-she even wants to
get married there. Its beautiful. They have a much different schooling
system here, and she is already training to be a kindergarten teacher.
She wants to open up her own Kindergarten in Klagenfurt where the
children learn music and English and sports, not just play around. She
is a really fun girl, and I had tons of fun. I'm pretty sure her
favorite english word is crazy because it can apply to everything.
Crazy good, crazy bad, it's just universal.

Church. My first time in relief society-i'm in a foreign country,
can't understand the lesson, and i'm asked to play the piano. Now it's
really not bad, I had someone translating for me, and i only messed up
on the piano during the intro, but played well while they were
singing. Sunday school was in english. This is when i found out that
today is father's day in austria. In the US it's not until next week,
and that's when we'll celebrate it. My dad also spoke during sacrament
meeting, but had to cut out lots of his talk-it takes much longer to
speak with a translator. There were also two special musical numbers
beforehand, one by primary children and one by their ward choir. Don't
worry though, the family got to hear the full version of the talk
later in the afternoon. That's pretty much the extent of our
adventures for today. It's been a good sabbath.

--

Rosie Liddle
"Laughing gives you abs, rock hard abs."

No comments: