Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family Reunion

there's really no point to this post, so if you are going to skip reading one, skip this one. this weekend is our annual family reunion on the mom's side of the family. now, i'm not usually one to complain, but this time, we only have about half of the family. we have; uncle 1 who has lots of kids, most of whom are older than my oldest sibling; aunt 2 who has three kids, all of whom are married and have children, but only two of her kids are in town; my family; grandparents. that's it. nobody who i normally would talk to at these kinds of things. it's usually much bigger than that. well, last night we had a bbq. that was fun. adults can be pretty awesome sometimes, and if they aren't, then you can go ahead and play with the children who don't know how to speak yet. younger than me 1, 2, and 3 all slept over at uncle 1's house because it was a sleepover. today we went to a pool. it was ok. i didn't have much fun, but it was ok. we played water basketball. (i discovered that there is a sport i am good at! well, when i'm playing against my family anyway.) and then we went back to uncle 1's house for lunch. then we talked. we already had talked tonz last night, so we ran out of stuff to talk about. not very fun. plus, i'm freezing and wet because i didn't think ahead to bring clothes. (i would have if i had known we would stay for so long!) so we asked for about an hour when we could go. eventually mom caved, after other people started leaving, and said that if we loaded the car, she would take us home. well, she did, but she left two younger than me 1 and younger than me 3 there to go swimming some more. don't get me wrong, i really do love my family, but we ran out of stuff to do, and it got kinda boring. i'm glad that tomorrow we'll be playing card/board games, and on monday we'll be having a lesson and stuff. so i hope it turns out better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, playing games, was really quite fun. And singing. That was fun too. At least for me. I've liked it all, but I'm not quite into swimming so much.

And I slept outside in a hammock. You missed out on that.

See you tonight!

Tara said...

Rose, I just have to say that reading your thoughts makes me laugh. I can picture you saying everything!