Friday, May 25, 2012

Second Blog

be excited. be very excited.

i decided to start a second blog. i need to take some time to prepare for it, so i am not giving out the link to it yet, but it will be coming fairly soon...ish... it will be a cooking blog, based on the beginnings of my cookbook and further adventures in the kitchen. it will be delicious. this way, i can separate my daily happenings from food. i'm honestly curious, will you be able to use this second blog? will it be helpful to you? please vote and let me know (the poll should be to the right). i promise i won't be offended no matter what you vote. here is a little preview of what you might find on this up and coming blog:

I came across this recipe on the internet over the holidays when looking for something to make in celebration of not only the holidays, but also the end of the semester. I was struggling because I wanted something chocolate, but I didn't have any chocolate chips, which almost all chocolate recipes called for. This asked for only ingredients that I had on hand already, and took about 15 minutes to make. I put it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process. It came out super delicious. Great last minute dessert idea!

SUPER EASY FUDGE

* 3 2/3 cups powdered sugar
* 1/2 cup cocoa
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 tablespoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Combine milk, butter, and cocoa in a microwavable bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted. Mix together. Mix in powdered sugar. Stir until smooth. Blend in vanilla and pecans.Spread into a buttered 8-inch square pan. Cool and cut into squares.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yes I would love your second blog. Do it. By the way, that recipe sounds delish.