Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crazy and Crocheting

I suddenly realized today that sometimes I sing silently to myself. My mouth moves, but nothing comes out. It's cuz I'm not singing out loud, but I am singing in my mind. Most of the time the lyrics don't make sense, and they usually come from the dark abyss that claims to be my brain. Let me give you an example: "CD players always choose to hate me, but i can't really blame them cuz my stapler is crazy. You wouldn't want a water bottle full of green jello, no, cuz jello that is green is certainly not yellow." ...You get the idea. The great part is though, even though I'm not poetic, the tunes are usually all right. Not sure if I should have posted that to the internet.
. . .
Moving on, I learned how to crochet on tuesday night. I made a sunflower shaped wash cloth. I also started another one. I find myself letting my mind wander sometimes, and I'll just be picturing the path of the yarn through the stitch I'm using. If I had actually crocheted as many stitches as I've visualized, I would have a plethera of wash cloths. I really like it, despite that others sometimes make fun of me for being an old lady.

Inspirational thought: You can overcome the physical with the mental if you are really determined to.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Dear gorgeous. We tease because we love :) the crocheting made my attitude in math go up at least 10 points. Love you!