Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last Day of School Panic Attack!

I was sitting at graduation practice, being very bored, when a friend of mine walks into the building and comes directly to me and tells me that English Teacher (ET for short) didn't get my final. A wave of panic swept over my body. Then she reminded me that grades are due at three. It's 1:00 right now, and we haven't even started rehearsing the music! I'm freaking out inside. It's 1:15 and we finally start rehearsing. The combined number is rehearsed. It's 1:30. The band leaves, the choir rehearses, and we (the orchestra) wait. I talk to the friend who actually physically turned in the assignment (lucky for me she's in band) and try to figure out what could have happened to it. Maybe it got thrown away, or maybe it got stapled to hers. Those are the two options we can think of. It's 1:40 when we rehearse. We finish rehearsing at 1:45. I hurry and put my cello away. Next, I have to run up a million billion stairs, with my cello. I start out running, but then there are people in the way, so I have to slow down. I realize then that my legs are unhappy with me for going up all those stairs so quickly, and try to ignore them, because that is very unhelpful. Then I got out to the car, 1:50. Traffic wasn't too slow, but there were a lot of cars around. I go straight back to the school, and I get there at 2:10. (Yeah, I was watching the clock like a crazy person.) The friend who turned in the paper actually got there the same time I did. We go to ET's room. He's not there. but there is a stack of papers that have been graded, and we begin to search through them. The friend just wanted her final back. After a minute, we find her paper. Mine is stapled to the back of it. I pull it off, ask her to watch my cello, and the go to search for ET (who is moving classrooms). I find him fairly quickly, explain what happened, and he makes fun of me for a moment (It's just the way his humor works), and changes my grade. Relief overcomes me, and I go home. Then I think about how this would make a great story for the blog. Now, it seems kinda lame, but whatever. :)

No comments: