Sunday, July 3, 2011

6/29/2011 near Innsbruck, Austria 22:00

Early morning-we packed and left. we were able to get in the car by about 8:30. We headed up to innsbruck, but took the scenic rout so we could go on the Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse (Grossglockner High alpine road). It was such a beautiful drive. The highs mountain in Austria, Grossglockner, was there. It was very beautiful. I did feel a little weird though, cuz we all wore our matching university shirts. The whole road was just amazing! there were waterfalls everywhere and beautiful wildflowers-we didn't see any edelweiss though, unfortunately. We picnicked there, and after we left this road we just kept driving for basically forever. we arrived in a place near innsbruck around 4:30 and checked in to the farm we're staying at. Let me tell you, despite the many flies and slight oder of cows (it's a dairy farm) this is my favorite place we've stayed. Three bedrooms all close to each other, each equipped with a sink, mirror, and good lighting along with comfy beds and a couch and table in two of the rooms. Nice big kitchen with a microwave. the table's a little squishy to get into though. Also, separate bath room and water closet. this is perfect. only drawback is that there is no living room. so i'm all excited and unpacking when the parents leave for the store. they don't take long, and we' make a fairly early dinner of wurst, salad, grapes, carrots, and bread. after dinner, quite a while after, i being looking for my watch. Oh no! I can't find it. I must have left it in one of the cars (I literally looked through all my things and didn't find it.) I borrow the keys from the parents and go downstairs to look in the cars. I am unsuccessful at finding it, so i turn to go inside. i reach the from door, try to pull the handle, but its locked. I still am not sure how that happened, cuz i was able to go out the door just fine. Whatever. Someone is bound to come for me eventually. I should keep track of how long it takes--oh wait, i don't have my watch. I sit on a bench on the porch for an unknown number of minutes. Eventually the bugs are eating my flesh just a little too much, so i go sit in a car for another unknown number of minutes. Eventually a man can be seen through a window. I debate about going up and knocking on the window to ask him to let me in, and just when i'm about to, i see a figure come up to the front door to open it, but it's locked. They go to get a key. I can tell the person is wearing a black shirt through the cloudy glass, so i assume (correctly) that it is a member of my family. I get out of the car, lock it, and go up to the door. The man is watching me (I wonder if he locked me out?) with a concerned look on his face. But the door opens fairly soon and my mother is standing there confused. I explain that somehow i got locked out. she had seen me sit tin in the car through her window. a few minutes later she looked again. she saw me rub my eye and though i was crying, so she talked with dad about who should come console me. And that's my stupid story of the day. (PS i still have not found my watch. it saddens me.)

No comments: